The Lahore Tales
Saturday, July 16, 2005
Came last afternoon and already boiling over with stories to tell. On a random note, I'm even listening to Punjabi MC, now how Punjabi can I get? :p
Anyway, the surprises started from the second I stepped into the PIA airplane, well the surprise was: IT WAS WONDERFUL. They had the same plane as emirates but they now have a green and red color scheme with pashmina type printed self embossed kapra thingies. All that added so much warmth to the atmosphere and they had those TV things, though they weren't touch screen and the push buttons sucked. And the food was pretty crap too, jsut one cheese sandwich and another weird sandwich type thingie.. But apart from that, I found it much more pleasant than an Emirates flight.
Nausheen picked me up and we went to McDonald's to grab a sundae after which we just drove around so I could get Lahore in my system. It felt so nice to be back. It's laaaa hooooreee. Wo0t! After we ditched our luggage at home and relxed for a while, headed out with a bunch of friends to Freddy's, then dropped them off to LUMS and then went to my favortie pastime. SHISHA!
The last time I went to mini golf was with humayun and the shisha jsut sucked but this time around it was slightly decent, still shitty, but better than before. I don't know WHY the shisha revolution hasn't hit Lahore. there are hardly three places or something to do shisha here and the shisha is crap. In karachi, every other place has shisha now.. and over here people give you incredulous looks and go like, SHISHA? *raised eyebrows*
Me and Nausheen ended up tlking, talking, talking all night and went to sleep at 7am and then woke up around 4pm when I took a shower cuz it's so darned hot here!!!!!! After that we lazed around in bed until bhaiyya smsed around 7 to finalize plans then we picked him up and went to food street. I'll post some pictures of that once I'm done with this entry. Heard a beautiful violin player while dinner then a flute player when we were having lassi afterwards.
Then we dropped bhaiyya off cuz we had to go to the 89 birthday bash, on the way to where I ended up falling in love with two pairs of shoes and bought them. One of them, the red one.. is honestly one of the best pair of shoes I've ever gotten. Then ofcourse, there was the 89 bash itself which was kinda fun. But after we came home, sicne Nausheen was on the net I figured I'd fool around with my laptop for a bit. Turned on wi-fi for the ehck of it and ended up finding a hot spot!
Wo0ot... Nausheen, however, can still not grasp the thought of free internet. But woot.. It's fast too!
Anyway, the surprises started from the second I stepped into the PIA airplane, well the surprise was: IT WAS WONDERFUL. They had the same plane as emirates but they now have a green and red color scheme with pashmina type printed self embossed kapra thingies. All that added so much warmth to the atmosphere and they had those TV things, though they weren't touch screen and the push buttons sucked. And the food was pretty crap too, jsut one cheese sandwich and another weird sandwich type thingie.. But apart from that, I found it much more pleasant than an Emirates flight.
Nausheen picked me up and we went to McDonald's to grab a sundae after which we just drove around so I could get Lahore in my system. It felt so nice to be back. It's laaaa hooooreee. Wo0t! After we ditched our luggage at home and relxed for a while, headed out with a bunch of friends to Freddy's, then dropped them off to LUMS and then went to my favortie pastime. SHISHA!
The last time I went to mini golf was with humayun and the shisha jsut sucked but this time around it was slightly decent, still shitty, but better than before. I don't know WHY the shisha revolution hasn't hit Lahore. there are hardly three places or something to do shisha here and the shisha is crap. In karachi, every other place has shisha now.. and over here people give you incredulous looks and go like, SHISHA? *raised eyebrows*
Me and Nausheen ended up tlking, talking, talking all night and went to sleep at 7am and then woke up around 4pm when I took a shower cuz it's so darned hot here!!!!!! After that we lazed around in bed until bhaiyya smsed around 7 to finalize plans then we picked him up and went to food street. I'll post some pictures of that once I'm done with this entry. Heard a beautiful violin player while dinner then a flute player when we were having lassi afterwards.
Then we dropped bhaiyya off cuz we had to go to the 89 birthday bash, on the way to where I ended up falling in love with two pairs of shoes and bought them. One of them, the red one.. is honestly one of the best pair of shoes I've ever gotten. Then ofcourse, there was the 89 bash itself which was kinda fun. But after we came home, sicne Nausheen was on the net I figured I'd fool around with my laptop for a bit. Turned on wi-fi for the ehck of it and ended up finding a hot spot!
Wo0ot... Nausheen, however, can still not grasp the thought of free internet. But woot.. It's fast too!

