of spiderman and women
Sunday, June 24, 2007
I went to see Spiderman 3 tonight with a friend. We, Pakistanis, are very efficient people, I assure you (sarcasm). Knowing that it was the first weekend after the premiere, we guessed that seats would be difficult to get so we end up getting seats one day in advance. We get to the cinema only to find out some other people are sitting in our seats. After a lot of confusion concerning the usher, me yelling at the usher, and the people sitting in our seats yelling at the usher; the conclusion was that the same seats had been sold to two different sets of people. It got me wondering how many more people this has happened with and how many more people do not wonder what's wrong with the admin and give in submissively. We had really good seats too, back most row with the middle seats. The usher goes and talks to whoever the authorities may be and tells us that our only option is to watch the movie in the front most row, on the furthest right most seats (crappiest seats in the cinema). I got really ticked off and went to the director who seemed to act very disturbed. After a complicated series of random yelling at their inefficiency, our money for the tickets got reimbursed completely while we were given those crappy seats on the front right- it so turned out, the seats weren't half bad after all :) or maybe it was just the movie.. with a dramatic start, it raises your hope because it eventually downturns but I still liked it. At more than a few instances it got very Indian movie-ish but otherwise it was quite nice. I do wonder how much more money these cinema people make by selling the same seat to two people :/ and whose pocket the money goes into. Strange.
On the way back we see this really confused Corolla swerve a little too much on the right and the two right hand side tires both on the pavement and continued to be so for quite a confused while, finally got off the pavement, slowed down.. but then floored it again, and then slowed down to a medium pace. I ask, "Is he drunk?" Friend says, "I wonder what is UP with that crazy man" I say, "Is it a she?!" Friend floors car and turns out, yes! it is a SHE. Heh. Women are horrible drivers. Well, I am making an over generalization here. Some are excellent as well (like yours truly, heh). But no, seriously, 8 out of 10 women, on an average, are horrible drivers. Momina once chose to make a documentary on why women are discriminated against by being called horrible drivers. After an intense two months of observing women and making videos and conducting interviews and studying statistics.. she got her answer. She decided to abandon the topic.
I'm flying on Monday :)
On the way back we see this really confused Corolla swerve a little too much on the right and the two right hand side tires both on the pavement and continued to be so for quite a confused while, finally got off the pavement, slowed down.. but then floored it again, and then slowed down to a medium pace. I ask, "Is he drunk?" Friend says, "I wonder what is UP with that crazy man" I say, "Is it a she?!" Friend floors car and turns out, yes! it is a SHE. Heh. Women are horrible drivers. Well, I am making an over generalization here. Some are excellent as well (like yours truly, heh). But no, seriously, 8 out of 10 women, on an average, are horrible drivers. Momina once chose to make a documentary on why women are discriminated against by being called horrible drivers. After an intense two months of observing women and making videos and conducting interviews and studying statistics.. she got her answer. She decided to abandon the topic.
I'm flying on Monday :)

