epiphany.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Carrie: I had to make the big “let’s be friends” speech.. but who am I kidding? Big and I were never friends, we were.. something else. Something that apparently did not end with an engagement party at The Plaza. It’s just.. why her? I mean really.. why her?
Miranda: One word - Hubbell
Samantha: Who's Hubbell?
Charlotte: Hubbell! Robert Hubbell Redford in The Way We Were.
Samantha: Never saw it...
Miranda: What are you.. an alien? How could you not have seen The Way We Were?
Samantha: Chick film..
Miranda: Okay, Robert Redford, Hubbell, is madly in love with Barbara Streissand, Katie. But he can't be with her because she's too complicated and she has wild curly hair.. So he leaves her and marries this.. simple girl.. with straight hair.
Carrie: Ladies, I'm having an epiphany - the world is made up of two types of women: the simple girls, and the Katie girls. I'm a Katie girl!
---
Epilogue (Carrie): Then I had a thought.. maybe I didn't break Big. Maybe the problem was.. he couldn't break me. Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed.. Maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with
---
Taken from Sex and the City - S02E18
Miranda: One word - Hubbell
Samantha: Who's Hubbell?
Charlotte: Hubbell! Robert Hubbell Redford in The Way We Were.
Samantha: Never saw it...
Miranda: What are you.. an alien? How could you not have seen The Way We Were?
Samantha: Chick film..
Miranda: Okay, Robert Redford, Hubbell, is madly in love with Barbara Streissand, Katie. But he can't be with her because she's too complicated and she has wild curly hair.. So he leaves her and marries this.. simple girl.. with straight hair.
Carrie: Ladies, I'm having an epiphany - the world is made up of two types of women: the simple girls, and the Katie girls. I'm a Katie girl!
---
Epilogue (Carrie): Then I had a thought.. maybe I didn't break Big. Maybe the problem was.. he couldn't break me. Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed.. Maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with
---
Taken from Sex and the City - S02E18

