she's the drama queen.

Birthdays, oh joy!
Monday, June 16, 2008

Birthdays are wonderful. My birthday is the one day I look forward to each year. For most people, birthday isn't a big deal but for me it is The Big Deal. I'm an attention whore - I love the pampering and feeling special that comes with birthdays. Not to mention birthday presents. More often than not, I am usually in Dubai for my birthday, so I don't get to celebrate it with friends back home and end up missing out on all the potential presents. However, my family is the most kick ass family on the face of this earth (especially Joe), and they give me the most awesomest presents ever.

This year, it was an ASUS eee PC (laptop) from Bhaiyya and an HTC Touch Diamond mobile phone from Bajjoe. A month early, hehe, but I anticipate too much.

Last year it was the all expenses paid trip to all over Europe that didn't work out cuz of Schengen visa rejection but turned into one month in UK :)

The year before, for my 20th birthday - it was my beloved car, the infamous AFS-338.

And for my 19th birthday, I got the lovely faithful HP Pavilion DV 1000 - my wonderful, wonderful laptop. And my Nokia 6680, that has remained my love for three years.

Don't remember what my 18th birthday present was from my family but I do remember a present from someone else - a lovely, memorable trip to Murree where I picked white daisies from the hills and walked in the clouds. Yes, I'll never forget. And then there was the excitement of finally getting an NIC, heh :)

I love birthdays. I loved my 20th birthday - one of my only birthdays I've gotten to celebrate in Karachi. Me, Huma, Saba, Nausheen, Natasha, Muzaffar etc, tons of people at Cafe Basement at midnight. I was caught between running upstairs to receive ten thousand phone calls and going downstairs to cut the cake (no mobile signals in Basement). I got my own cake excitedly and man, was it delicious.

I can't wait for the next 4th of July.. it's coming soon, soon, soon. Since I know my next birthday will be in England, I've decided to make sure I celebrate it in Karachi this year. Hence, my flight to Karachi on the 3rd of July just in time. I've decided to not plan immaculately this year and let's just see how plans fall into place. I just don't want to turn 22. Can I turn 21 again this year?